10 September 2009

Butterfly Birthday Card

In my family August has always been a busy birthday month. In the past decade my family has grown through marriages and births, and now there are even more birthdays in August! There's almost a week straight at the end of August-beginning of September that's chock full of birthdays (almost one per day)! Anyway, it's a lot of fun. So, I'd like to share some of the birthday cards I enjoyed making for some special people in my life.



I wanted to play with some new things I got things I got this summer: Melon Mambo-the new, bright pink In-Color, the Beautiful Butterflies die, Texturz Plates, Frost Shimmer Paint, and Build-a-brads. I made it for someone who loves pink and has dressed up as a butterfly for Halloween.

It was fun and easy to use the Big-Shot to add texture to the card stock and then cut out a beautiful image. You can do it too. You'll use the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz plate to make the swirly background on the butterfly. Actually you get six textures to work from in that set, so you have a lot of possibilities to explore. Then you'll layer the texturized card stock on the Beautiful Butterflies die and run it through the Big-Shot again. If you want to see how, then email me, and I'll be happy to show you!


I added Frost Shimmer Paint to the butterfly with a sponge, to make it stand out from the rest of the card stock. The body of the butterfly (and the greeting) were punched from the word window punch. The greeting comes from a wonderfully versatile set called Teeny Tiny Wishes; it has something for just about every occasion. The flowers are from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set.

It's easy to personalize cards with the Build-a-brads. Oh, and you can also use Stampin' Up! markers to color ribbon so that it matches the card stock. Enjoy!

No comments: