22 June 2013

Changing Priorities

I want to create for the joy of it, and not feel pressured to photo-document everything I make.  In the beginning of this stamping/ card-making adventure, I was excited to share my ideas and creations.  Since I haven't gone super high-tech, the process to photograph. download, watermark, and upload photos to my blog is a little bit involved.  Honestly, I don't have time for that.  My family needs me now, more than ever, so I'm not going to be posting for a while.  I don't like the feeling that I have to catch up on projects to show you.  I would rather make and give away something and have the pleasure of making that person smile, than feel bound by pinning & posting images of everything I do.  Don't get me wrong, I'll still be making things, and experimenting with new layouts, techniques, and color combinations, but I won't be sharing my every move online.  So, for now I'll also be giving up being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  It's been a fun 5 years, but it just doesn't fit in my life right now.  I'm trying to simplify and organize my life so I can enjoy it more.  

So, if you want to order something through me, I'll pay basic shipping on your order, now through 30 June.

I challenge you to get out there, create something simple & beautiful and give it to someone else.  Bring joy and sunshine to someone's life today.  If you're someone who pins everything online, I challenge you to give it away without pinning it; this will make your project something special between you and the recipient.   If you're someone who makes and makes, but doesn't send, I challenge you to actually give or mail your project.  Do not let perfectionism or procrastination get in your way.  The card you made is fine; it doesn't have to be "perfect" to make someone else happy.  Write a note (it doesn't have to be a long letter), find that address, put a stamp on it (they're still less than .50 cents), and put it in the mailbox.  You will totally bring joy and a smile to a friend by doing this.  Like the FLY Lady says, even imperfect housework blesses your family.  So, even imperfect card-making brings encouragement to others.       

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

:0( I totally understand, though we will miss you a lot! Hugs to G&A!