08 October 2008

On a Sunflower Kick

Here's a card I made a little while ago, when I was on a sunflower kick. I made a whole batch for my sister who absolutely loves sunflowers. Her enthusiasm for them is contagious. I scored and cut the card in the other direction so I could tie the ribbon around it vertically. Most of the cards I make are scored and cut the other way, so it's nice just to change up the basic layout, and see how it opens up new ideas.


I made enough to give as gifts with a few extra for myself. Funny how a card-maker finds herself without cards so often. (Probably because she's trying to make the "perfect" card specifically to suit a certain person. Sometimes I just try to do a batch so I can have a few on hand for those note writing occasions that pop up all the time. But then I end up using all of them, and have to start over again. Sometimes each card is its own work of art, but it's nice when you come up with a design that is easily and quickly reproduced, yet still has enough wow!


Recipe: Very Vanilla cs, Chocolate Chip Craft Ink + Clear Embossing Powder.
Summer Sun Classic Ink, Old Olive Classic Ink, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, and Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon. Stamp sets: sorry they're retired: Serene Sunflower and something-or-other-thanks

1 comment:

Ilina Crouse said...

I absolutely love Sunflowers and I love this card, I think I may do some CASE-ing here :) I always end up not having card for a certain occassion and always end up making one a week after the event!