29 September 2008

Embossed Baroque with In-Colors

I've been playing with my heat tool, so if you look carefully, you'll see how glossy the stamped images turned out. This card uses the new Kiwi Kiss and Red Riding Hood In-Colors for this season. These two paired together are a modern color combination for Christmas. I wanted this card to say "Merry Christmas" but I didn't have any current stamps with that greeting.
(So, just imagine it.)

I like using VersaMark + clear embossing powder for the versatility in producing an embossed image of any color on card stock of that same color (see the Kiwi Kiss and Red Riding Hood swirls). (Otherwise I use Craft Ink + clear embossing powder over it; e.g. Chocolate Chip Craft ink for the greeting.)


I wanted to use the flower from the Baroque Motifs set, and layer it with the other medallion flourish so that it looked like leaves. This card uses the In-Colors mentioned above, as well as Pacific Point, a brilliant new blue card stock and ink color. For embellishments I've used wide twill tape and a rhinestone brad from the ice collection. These brads come in fire and ice (warm and cool colors) as well as in round and square.


If you're interested in a personal demonstration of how to use the heat tool to emboss, please sign up for a workshop. I have several dates available in October, so contact me today to host your own party. Check my calendar in the side toolbar. Some Tuesdays and Saturdays in November are also available.

No comments: