17 September 2008

Back to School Scrapbook Layout

Here is a scrapbook layout inspired by autumn colors and going back to school.
It would look great with those "first-day-of-school" pictures.

It's a 6 x 6 layout, which means it's easier to make than a 12 x 12 page because it has fewer design elements, and takes less time. It's just like designing two matching cards.


I've used the lovely Chocolate Chip cs as a base, and then layered Old Olive cs over that. I stamped the letters from the Define Your Life Alphabet stamp set in Old Olive Classic Ink.
The red and orange come from this season's In-Colors: Red Riding Hood and Tangerine Tango.

They're bright and snappy! I stamped images of children and pets with the All in the Family stamp set using Red Riding Hood ink. I've layered Naturals Ivory cs over the Tangerine Tango.

Then I made a hidden compartment to write a secret message. It's the book. I used sticky strip and Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon for the binding. Well, it's not so secret, but it's interactive anyway. The kindergarten lines come from the Define Your Life Alphabet set.

No comments: